It is gloomy outside! I am not fond of gloom. I typically like sunshine and heat and sitting by the poolside outdoors. We have had a string of cloudy days and some rain this last week. I was bumming when I found out that this week's forecast was filled with gloom. I have a hard time begrudging rain because we always need it, but gloom? I am not a fan of endless cloudy days.
In life I am the same. I thrive on optimism and looking for the good instead of the bad in life. I am not a constantly cheerful person, but if given lemons, I typically see if I can make lemonade out of them. I am to use another trite expression, a glass is half full kind of gal.
Walking on the light side for me does not mean endless fluffy topics of conversation that mean nothing, it means remembering that in spite of the gloom I have The Son, and He is light and hope and joy and peace. I could never be a sith Lord because use of the force for me would be in the light range, not the dark. I can maniacally run around bashing bad things in my favorite game, Guild Wars 2, but I am still a light girl.
These are the things that let me walk on the light side when the day is gloomy.
Jesus Christ my Savior, He is my glory and my crown.
The Bible. It gives me truth and hope, conviction of sin when I walk in it, and direction to live by.
The Indwelling Holy Spirit. He is my Comforter and Convicter when I do wrong. He walks with me so that I am never alone.
The Body of Christ. These fellow brothers and sister remind me that I am part of a family, though often dysfunctional, and that they are there to help and for me to help them.
My Family. My husband and son. God's Word says He sets the lonely in families. I often feel lonely, and can go to my family and receive comfort and companionship that staves off those lonely feelings and reconnects and grounds me.
A couple of my favorite verses in the Bible are Proverbs 3:5-6 and Jeremiah 29:11.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
To walk in the Light is so joyful when I fix my eyes upon Jesus and look full in His wonderful face. These things of earth grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace!
No comments:
Post a Comment