Every time I turn around something is going on that can cause a person to feel gloomy. Bad news, poor health, awful weather, or just the time of the year. All of these can be the source of developing the yucks. Its hard to hang on to the end of the rope sometimes.
Today I woke up to sunshine! I love it! I am ready for the weather to warm up and perk up and the gloom to go away. Whenever the weather is good I always feel better. How can a person live though when the weather is one long yuck? Each of us have to figure out how to look for and live in the bright side of life. Most of the time I am the glass is half full kind of person. To use a trite expression, when I get handed lemons, I figure out how to make lemonade out of it.
My life right now is a perfect example of lemons. I am dealing with getting Diabetes under control, a partially frozen shoulder, and a remodel in my house that has gone on for months with one glitch after another. I have been having a really hard time seeing the bright side of life.
Today, with the sunshine making me feel cheery, I am reminded that I have someone to help me. He is ever faithful, and ever true. His Word is a healing balm when I take the time to read it and think about what it means. I live every day in Sonshine if I would simply remember that the most important Son is never hidden by clouds, and always provides me the light I need to feel perky and cheerful.
My bright side of life can be renewed day by day, moment by moment. All I have to do is remember and then walk in faith instead of sight as I live out my time on this ole sod like I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed to him against that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment