Monday, January 5, 2015

The Blessing of a Normal Day

I am feeling philosophical today with this one. I woke up this morning and my husband was back to work after being off for two weeks over the Holidays. It felt kind of strange because it doesn't take long to get used to having him around all the time. At the same time, having him back at work means the day will be like it usually is. I make breakfast for myself and my son if he is around, and check into what needs to be done regarding my current class and it's assignments. I also spent some time getting my calendar updated for the next couple of months.

Normal day to day things that help to establish me in the new year make me feel like life is moving on instead of that brief pause when loved ones are all home because of a special occasion. Another normal day thing is talking to a dear friend about how their break went, what they did and enjoyed and what plans are hatching for the next week or so.

I added the blessing part in there because I sometimes undervalue what a blessing it is to have a normal day. It feels good to get back into the regular swing of things. Working on coursework, puttering around the house, watching a favorite show, reading a little bit of a favorite book... All of these things can give a sense of peace because they are not high, nor are they low, they are just normal. A pot of tea, sunshine rolling in the window, calm, quiet, and the blessing of a normal day!

No comments:

Post a Comment