When you have a fish bowl, the wonderful thing about it is that you can see your beautiful fish inside swimming around in the water. There is some intrinsic pleasure in having a fish or two to watch in their natural environment. Those fish are in there swimming around letting it all hang out for everyone to see.
The creation of a song is very like that as well. I have always loved words and rhyming and singing them is something I have always enjoyed. Music is in my heart, though I do not sing that well. I am also horrible about remembering the words to songs. I will sometimes burst out in song and sing part of it correctly, and then make up the words for what I cannot remember. Its an ongoing joke with my husband and son. I just let me hang out and let the song in my heart expose what I am thinking about and how I am feeling. Its not always pretty, and its not always smooth, but then life isn't either so it just fits right.
My joyful noises are always to the Lord and so, when I get teased, even when that teasing hurts my feelings a little bit, I remember who my song is about, and that He is my focus. I am really singing to Him and about Him and so if no one else likes it, well I know He does, because its sincere. I want my songs that pour out of my heart to be like a fish bowl. Clear, simple, and with the ability to openly see all that is going on inside me.
If you have a song in your heart to the Lord, or words that you want to say to Him or about Him for His glory and your blessing, don't hesitate to let it out. It reminds me of Matthew 5 verses 14-16, "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
Isaiah 55:12 shares, "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." When we create a new song, one that glorifies the Lord, worships Him and shows our lives as open and clear as a fish bowl is to its viewer, then we become a source of joy and light to our Creator, and to all those around us and that is always a good thing whether we have all our words right, or even whether we are very good at singing at all. Let your joy pour forth in ways pleasing to our Lord so that all those around us will glorify Him right along with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment