Wow, every time I turn around lately, the truth is getting in my face. What do I mean by that? Well, I have been pretty lackadaisical about my spiritual life. I have been busy living day to day and haven't made the time to really read my Bible. I pray every day, but even that isn't what it could be.
Having said all that, I have been meditating a lot on what my Pastor's have been teaching. We have been covering I John at church and wow, I am remembering why it is so important to be in God's Word on a daily basis. When I say a storm is brewing in my heart, I can feel myself reaching a point where I quit making excuses and start living this life the way I am meant to. I distract myself with a lot of junk. I forget to worship the One who made me, who saved me, who loves me more than anyone. I give Him a half a loaf, instead of my whole heart way too often.
Time to change, to learn and grow and quit being okay with just getting by. A life worth living is one that is fixed on Christ, without shame, or fear or worry about what others think about me. I have this feeling that if I really embrace who I am in Him and let go of all the garbage I fill my life and head with, that the person I am now will be gone and the person I am meant to be will finally step up and step out and bring Him glory and truly be a blessing to those around me.
A Storm is Brewing in my Heart and I say let the storm rage and wash away all that doesn't belong.
No comments:
Post a Comment